Sunday, November 20, 2011

I am an addict

"Hi my name is Kenny and I am an addict."
"Welcome Kenny."
These are usually the first lines you think of when you are thinking about being an addict. These words are uttered daily in alcoholics anonymous, narcotics anonymous and other various addiction recovery and support groups. Well I am here to say that I am an addict. I am completely and totally addicted to Jesus.

They say the first step to recovery is to admit that you have an addiction. Well I just did and when I first admitted it at age 7 and again renewed my "addiction" at age 14 I began the process of recovery. Recovery in this case is the gaining of eternal life through Jesus Christ. I will admit that the recovery process is long and at times very trying. It's hard to be a Jesus addict in today's society with everything that goes on around us, all the outside influences, the hate, the wars, the struggle to make ends meet. But there is a great recovery and support group you can go to...the church.

What's great about church is that most everyone there is a Jesus addict. Yes there are those that go to church because they feel that's what they are supposed to do but the 99% go to help with the struggle of being addicted to Jesus.

I'm proud to be an addict and you should be too. I feed my addiction through prayer, reading the scripture, and going to my support group. Are you and addict and do you feed your addiction? Peace and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment