Monday, November 14, 2011

Cheers

Have you ever felt like sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name and they're always glad you came? The theme from Cheers has been playing in my head today and today I really wanted to go where everybody knows your name. And I am not talking about a bar. I wanted to go somewhere that everyone was glad to see me and that no one judged me and that everyone understood me.

Don't you wish there was a place like this? Here's the good news. There is. It's called church. The church is the body of Christ. Loving, caring, and always welcoming. At my church everybody knows my name, not because they have too but because they want to. They are always glad that I came and they understand me. They are accepting of everyone and I love that about my church.

When I was younger I was a handful. I questioned the status quo, I bucked the system, I wore pants that I could rent commercial space in, I had long hair which was sometimes dyed different colors and yet my church accepted me and loved me ( though I think that sometimes they may have wanted to strangle me). And I love this about my church. It's one reason I still go. I hope that you have somewhere that everybody knows your name and where they are always glad you came. Peace and God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment